Scapula Elevation Depression
Scapula Elevation Depression Instructions
- Stand or sit with good posture, keeping your shoulders relaxed.
- Slowly raise your shoulders up towards your ears, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your shoulders back down to their starting position.
- Next, depress your shoulders by pulling them down and away from your ears.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly raise your shoulders back up to their starting position.
- Repeat this exercise for several repetitions, focusing on keeping your movements slow and controlled.
Scapula Elevation Depression Form & Visual
Scapula Elevation Depression Benefits
- Strengthens the muscles in the upper back and shoulders
- Improves posture by promoting proper alignment of the shoulder blades
- Helps prevent shoulder injuries by increasing stability in the shoulder joint
- Can alleviate neck and shoulder pain by reducing tension in the upper back muscles
- Improves overall upper body strength and mobility
Scapula Elevation Depression Muscles Worked
- Levator Scapulae
Scapula Elevation Depression Variations & Alternatives
- Scapula Protraction Retraction
- Scapula Upward Rotation Downward Rotation
- Scapula Anterior Tilt Posterior Tilt