This exercise involves jumping forward with both feet together, then landing on both feet and immediately jumping forward again. It mimics the movement of a frog hopping and is often used in plyometric training to improve explosive power and lower body strength.
Frog Hops Instructions
- Start in a squat position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands clasped in front of your chest.
- Jump forward as far as you can, landing softly on the balls of your feet.
- Immediately jump back to the starting position, again landing softly on the balls of your feet.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps or time.
Frog Hops Form & Visual
Frog Hops Benefits
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Strengthens lower body muscles, including quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Increases explosive power and speed
- Improves balance and coordination
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
Frog Hops Muscles Worked
- Calf muscles
- Core muscles
Frog Hops Variations & Alternatives
- Single leg frog hops
- Side-to-side frog hops
- Forward and backward frog hops
- Weighted frog hops
- Explosive frog hops