Dumbbell Upright Shoulder External Rotation
Dumbbell Upright Shoulder External Rotation Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bring your arms up to shoulder height, with your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle and your palms facing forward.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, rotate your arms outward until your forearms are parallel to the ground.
- Hold for a moment, then slowly lower your arms back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Upright Shoulder External Rotation Form & Visual
Dumbbell Upright Shoulder External Rotation Benefits
- Strengthens the rotator cuff muscles, which helps to stabilize the shoulder joint and prevent injury
- Improves shoulder mobility and range of motion
- Targets the external rotators of the shoulder, which are often neglected in traditional shoulder exercises
- Can be done with light weights and low impact, making it a good option for those with shoulder pain or injury
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the shoulder by adjusting the angle of the arm and the position of the dumbbell
Dumbbell Upright Shoulder External Rotation Muscles Worked
- Rotator cuff muscles (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, subscapularis)
- Deltoid (posterior fibers)
- Trapezius (middle fibers)