Dumbbell Step Up Lunge
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and stepping up onto a raised platform, then performing a lunge with one leg while keeping the other foot on the platform. The exercise is repeated on the other leg. It targets the lower body muscles, including the glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Dumbbell Step Up Lunge Instructions
- Stand in front of a bench or step with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Place your right foot on the bench or step and step up, bringing your left foot up to meet your right foot.
- Lower your left foot back down to the ground into a lunge position.
- Push off your left foot to stand back up on the bench or step, bringing your right foot back down to the ground into a lunge position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch sides and repeat with your left foot on the bench or step.
Dumbbell Step Up Lunge Form & Visual
Dumbbell Step Up Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps
- Improves overall balance and stability
- Targets the inner thigh muscles, which are often neglected in other exercises
- Increases grip strength and forearm muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to improve posture and reduce the risk of injury
Dumbbell Step Up Lunge Muscles Worked
Dumbbell Step Up Lunge Variations & Alternatives
- dumbbell step-up
- dumbbell lunge
- barbell step-up
- barbell lunge
- kettlebell step-up
- kettlebell lunge
- bodyweight step-up
- bodyweight lunge