The depth jump is a plyometric exercise that involves stepping off a box or platform and immediately jumping up as high as possible upon landing. This exercise is designed to improve explosive power and increase the rate of force development in the lower body. It is commonly used by athletes in sports such as basketball, volleyball, and track and field.
Depth Jump Instructions
- Stand on a box or platform that is about knee height.
- Step off the box and land on the ground with both feet.
- As soon as you land, immediately jump up as high as you can.
- Repeat for desired number of reps or sets.
Depth Jump Form & Visual
Depth Jump Benefits
- Increases explosive power and speed
- Improves vertical jump height
- Develops neuromuscular coordination and balance
- Enhances overall athletic performance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Depth Jump Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Depth Jump Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Depth Jump
- Box Jump
- Depth Jump to Broad Jump
- Depth Jump to Vertical Jump
- Depth Jump to Lateral Jump
- Depth Jump to Sprint
- Depth Jump to Medicine Ball Throw
- Depth Jump to Pull-Up
- Depth Jump to Push-Up