Dumbbell Rear Lunge
Dumbbell Rear Lunge Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand with your arms at your sides.
- Take a big step backward with your right foot, lowering your body until your right knee nearly touches the ground and your left thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Pause for a moment, then push through your left heel to return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, stepping back with your left foot.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Rear Lunge Form & Visual
Dumbbell Rear Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the muscles in the lower body more effectively than traditional lunges
- Increases overall lower body strength and power
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty based on fitness level
Dumbbell Rear Lunge Muscles Worked