Bodyweight Rear Lunge
Bodyweight Rear Lunge Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Step your right foot back and lower your body until your left knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your left knee is directly above your left ankle and your right knee is hovering just above the ground.
- Push through your left heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side by stepping your left foot back.
- Complete 10-12 reps on each leg for 3 sets.
Bodyweight Rear Lunge Form & Visual
Bodyweight Rear Lunge Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves balance and stability
- Engages the core muscles
- Increases flexibility in the hip flexors and ankles
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
Bodyweight Rear Lunge Muscles Worked
Bodyweight Rear Lunge Variations & Alternatives
- Bodyweight Forward Lunge
- Weighted Rear Lunge
- Jumping Rear Lunge
- Curtsy Lunge
- Walking Lunge