Cross Body Crunch
The cross body crunch is an exercise that targets the abdominal muscles. It involves lying on your back with your knees bent and hands behind your head, then lifting your shoulder blades off the ground and twisting your torso to bring your elbow towards the opposite knee. This movement engages the obliques and rectus abdominis muscles.
Cross Body Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Bring your right elbow and left knee towards each other, while lifting your shoulder blades off the ground.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side, bringing your left elbow and right knee towards each other.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Cross Body Crunch Form & Visual
Cross Body Crunch Benefits
- Targets the rectus abdominis and obliques for a stronger core
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Engages multiple muscle groups for a more efficient workout
Cross Body Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis