Cobra Push Up
This exercise involves starting in a plank position and then lowering the body down towards the ground while keeping the elbows close to the body. As the body lowers, the chest is lifted up towards the ceiling in a cobra-like motion. The exercise is then reversed by pushing the body back up into the plank position.
Cobra Push Up Instructions
- Start by lying face down on the ground with your hands placed directly under your shoulders.
- Engage your core and glutes to lift your chest off the ground, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- As you lower yourself down, push your hips back towards your heels and extend your arms out in front of you.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cobra Push Up Form & Visual
Cobra Push Up Benefits
- Strengthens the upper body muscles, including the chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Improves posture by engaging the muscles in the back and core
- Increases flexibility in the spine and hips
- Helps to alleviate lower back pain by stretching and strengthening the muscles in the lower back
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
Cobra Push Up Muscles Worked
Cobra Push Up Variations & Alternatives
- Wide Arm Cobra Push up
- Single Leg Cobra Push up
- Decline Cobra Push up
- Diamond Cobra Push up
- Spiderman Cobra Push up