Cable Shoulder Press
This exercise involves using a cable machine to perform a shoulder press, which targets the deltoid muscles in the shoulders. The cable machine provides constant tension throughout the movement, making it a great option for building strength and muscle in the shoulders.
Cable Shoulder Press Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with your back straight and your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a cable in each hand with your palms facing forward and your elbows bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly press the cables upward until your arms are fully extended above your head.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower the cables back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Shoulder Press Form & Visual
Cable Shoulder Press Benefits
- Targets the shoulder muscles, specifically the anterior and medial deltoids
- Improves shoulder stability and mobility
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional shoulder presses
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels and goals
Cable Shoulder Press Muscles Worked
- Rotator Cuff