Barbell Standing Twist
Barbell Standing Twist Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a barbell with both hands at chest level.
- Engage your core and twist your torso to the right, keeping your hips facing forward.
- Pause for a moment, then twist your torso to the left.
- Repeat this twisting motion for the desired number of repetitions.
- Remember to keep your core engaged and your movements controlled throughout the exercise.
Barbell Standing Twist Form & Visual
Barbell Standing Twist Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the obliques, rectus abdominis, and transverse abdominis
- Improves rotational power and stability, which can enhance athletic performance in sports such as golf, tennis, and baseball
- Increases flexibility in the spine and hips
- Can help alleviate lower back pain by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
- Engages the muscles of the upper back and shoulders, improving posture and reducing the risk of injury
Barbell Standing Twist Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
- Quadratus Lumborum
Barbell Standing Twist Variations & Alternatives
- Barbell Standing Twist with Resistance Band
- Barbell Standing Twist with Dumbbell
- Barbell Standing Twist with Medicine Ball
- Barbell Standing Twist with Cable Machine
- Barbell Standing Twist on Bosu Ball