Barbell Full Squat
Barbell Full Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Place the barbell on your upper back, resting it on your trapezius muscles.
- Grasp the barbell with both hands, keeping your elbows pointed down and your wrists straight.
- Inhale and begin to lower your body by bending at the knees and hips, keeping your back straight and your chest up.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground, or as low as you can comfortably go.
- Exhale and push through your heels to stand back up, straightening your legs and returning to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Full Squat Form & Visual
Barbell Full Squat Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves overall lower body stability and balance
- Increases core strength and stability
- Can improve mobility and flexibility in the hips and ankles
- May help to improve posture and reduce lower back pain
- Can be a highly effective exercise for building overall lower body power and explosiveness
Barbell Full Squat Muscles Worked
- Lower back