Barbell Clean and Press
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from the ground to the shoulders, then pressing it overhead. It is a compound movement that targets multiple muscle groups, including the legs, back, shoulders, and arms. It is often used in strength and conditioning programs to improve overall power and athleticism.
Barbell Clean and Press Instructions
- Start with the barbell on the ground in front of you, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend down and grip the bar with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, palms facing towards you.
- Stand up, keeping your back straight and lifting the bar off the ground.
- As you lift the bar, use your legs to generate power and momentum, and pull the bar up towards your chest.
- Once the bar reaches your chest, quickly drop down into a squat position, catching the bar on your shoulders.
- Stand up from the squat position, using the momentum to press the bar overhead.
- Lower the bar back down to your shoulders, then drop back down into a squat position to catch the bar.
- Stand up from the squat position, lowering the bar back down to the ground.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Barbell Clean and Press Form & Visual
Barbell Clean and Press Benefits
- Works multiple muscle groups including shoulders, back, legs, and core
- Improves overall strength and power
- Increases explosive power and speed
- Improves coordination and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Can be incorporated into a full body workout routine
Barbell Clean and Press Muscles Worked
- Lower back