Weighted One Leg Hip Thrust
This exercise involves lying on your back with one foot on the ground and the other foot elevated on a bench or step. With a weight resting on your hips, you lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement. This exercise targets the glutes and can help improve hip stability and strength.
Weighted One Leg Hip Thrust Instructions
- Begin by sitting on the ground with your back against a bench or step, and your feet flat on the ground.
- Place a weight on your lap, holding it securely with both hands.
- Lift one foot off the ground and extend it straight out in front of you.
- Press through your heel on the other foot and lift your hips up towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Lower your hips back down to the ground, but do not let your butt touch the ground before lifting back up for the next repetition.
- Complete the desired number of repetitions on one leg before switching to the other leg.
Weighted One Leg Hip Thrust Form & Visual
Weighted One Leg Hip Thrust Benefits
- Targets glutes, hamstrings, and core muscles
- Improves hip stability and balance
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Can help prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight and reps
Weighted One Leg Hip Thrust Muscles Worked
- Gluteus maximus
- Erector spinae
Weighted One Leg Hip Thrust Variations & Alternatives
- Unweighted one leg hip thrust
- Weighted two leg hip thrust
- Single leg glute bridge
- Weighted glute bridge
- Barbell hip thrust