This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. You then lift your shoulders off the ground and bring your knees towards your chest, crunching your abs. This movement resembles a tuck position, hence the name "Tuck Crunch."
Tuck Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles by pulling your belly button towards your spine.
- Slowly lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the ground, while simultaneously bringing your knees towards your chest.
- As you lift, exhale and squeeze your abs tightly.
- Hold the contraction for a few seconds, then slowly lower your head, shoulders, and legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Tuck Crunch Form & Visual
Tuck Crunch Benefits
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Improves core stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Helps to improve posture
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Tuck Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Tuck Crunch Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Tuck Crunch
- Side Tuck Crunch
- Single Leg Tuck Crunch
- Double Leg Tuck Crunch
- Weighted Tuck Crunch