Spine Twist Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and place your foot on the outside of your left knee.
- Place your left hand on your right knee and your right hand behind you on the floor.
- Inhale and lengthen your spine.
- Exhale and twist your torso to the right, using your left hand to gently guide your knee further to the right.
- Hold the twist for a few breaths, then release and repeat on the other side.
Spine Twist Form & Visual
Spine Twist Benefits
- Improves spinal mobility and flexibility
- Stretches the muscles of the back, hips, and obliques
- Helps to relieve tension and tightness in the spine
- Can improve posture and alignment
- May help to alleviate lower back pain
- Can be done seated or lying down, making it accessible for most people
Spine Twist Muscles Worked
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
- Quadratus Lumborum
Spine Twist Variations & Alternatives
- Spine Twist with arms extended
- Spine Twist with weights
- Seated Spine Twist
- Standing Spine Twist
- Spine Twist on a stability ball