Kettlebell Sots Press
The Kettlebell Sots Press is an exercise that involves holding a kettlebell in the front rack position and pressing it overhead while in a deep squat. This exercise helps to improve upper body and core strength, as well as mobility and stability in the hips and ankles.
Kettlebell Sots Press Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a kettlebell in front of your chest with both hands.
- Lower your body into a squat position, keeping your back straight and your chest up.
- Press the kettlebell overhead, extending your arms fully and keeping your core engaged.
- Lower the kettlebell back down to your chest and repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Make sure to keep your elbows close to your body and your wrists straight throughout the exercise.
- As you become more comfortable with the movement, you can increase the weight of the kettlebell or add more reps to challenge yourself.
Kettlebell Sots Press Form & Visual
Kettlebell Sots Press Benefits
- Improves shoulder mobility and stability
- Strengthens the upper back and core muscles
- Increases overall body strength and power
- Improves posture and alignment
- Challenges balance and coordination
Kettlebell Sots Press Muscles Worked
- Shoulders (deltoids)
- Chest (pectoralis major)
- Upper back (trapezius and rhomboids)
- Core (abdominals and lower back)
- Legs (quadriceps and glutes)
Kettlebell Sots Press Variations & Alternatives
- Kettlebell Sots Press with single arm
- Kettlebell Sots Press with double kettlebells
- Kettlebell Sots Press with a pause at the bottom
- Kettlebell Sots Press with a squat in between each press
- Kettlebell Sots Press with a push press at the top