Skin the Cat
This exercise involves hanging from a bar and then flipping your body upside down while keeping your arms straight. You then bring your legs up and over your head, and then back down to the starting position. It is a challenging exercise that requires upper body strength and flexibility.
Skin the Cat Instructions
- Start by hanging from a pull-up bar with your arms fully extended and your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Engage your core and lift your legs up towards the bar, bending at the hips and bringing your knees towards your chest.
- Continue to lift your legs up and over the bar, allowing your body to rotate as you do so.
- As you come around to the other side of the bar, straighten your arms and lower your body down towards the ground.
- Once your body is fully extended, reverse the movement and bring your legs back up towards the bar, bending at the hips once again.
- Continue to repeat the movement, rotating your body around the bar and lowering yourself down towards the ground with each repetition.
Skin the Cat Form & Visual
Skin the Cat Benefits
- Strengthens the upper body, particularly the shoulders, back, and core muscles
- Improves flexibility and mobility in the shoulders and spine
- Increases body awareness and control
- Can help with injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Challenges the mind and body, promoting mental toughness and resilience
Skin the Cat Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Skin the Cat Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse grip skin the cat
- Front grip skin the cat
- Assisted skin the cat
- Weighted skin the cat
- Single leg skin the cat