The side squat is a lower body exercise that targets the glutes, quads, and inner thighs. It involves stepping to the side and lowering into a squat position, then returning to standing and repeating on the other side.
Side Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands on your hips.
- Take a big step to the right with your right foot, keeping your left foot in place.
- Bend your right knee and lower your body down into a squat position, keeping your left leg straight.
- Push off with your right foot and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the left side, taking a big step to the left with your left foot and bending your left knee while keeping your right leg straight.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Side Squat Form & Visual
Side Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the glutes, quads, hamstrings, and inner thighs
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases hip mobility
- Can be modified to increase or decrease intensity
- Can be done with or without weights
- Provides a cardiovascular workout
Side Squat Muscles Worked
- Core muscles