Reverse Crunch Kick
This exercise involves lying on your back with your legs raised and bent at a 90-degree angle. You then lift your hips off the ground while simultaneously extending your legs out straight, before bringing them back in and lowering your hips back down. This targets the lower abs and hip flexors.
Reverse Crunch Kick Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms extended above your head and your legs straight out in front of you.
- Engage your core and lift your legs off the ground, bringing your knees towards your chest.
- As you lift your legs, simultaneously lift your upper body off the ground and reach your arms towards your toes.
- At the top of the movement, your body should be in a “V” shape with your legs bent and your arms reaching towards your toes.
- Slowly lower your upper body and legs back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Reverse Crunch Kick Form & Visual
Reverse Crunch Kick Benefits
- Targets the lower abs and hip flexors
- Improves core stability and balance
- Increases overall strength and endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Requires no equipment and can be done anywhere
Reverse Crunch Kick Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Reverse Crunch Kick Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Crunch with Leg Extension
- Reverse Crunch with Knee Tuck
- Reverse Crunch with Bicycle Kick
- Reverse Crunch with Toe Touch
- Reverse Crunch with Scissor Kick