Negative Dragon Flag
This exercise involves lying on your back and lifting your legs and torso off the ground, creating a straight line from your head to your toes. The challenge is to maintain this position while slowly lowering your body back down to the ground in a controlled manner. It is a highly advanced core exercise that requires significant strength and control.
Negative Dragon Flag Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your arms extended above your head and your legs straight up in the air.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the ground, bringing your legs towards your head.
- Slowly lower your legs towards the ground, keeping them straight and your core engaged.
- Once your legs are parallel to the ground, pause for a moment before lifting them back up towards your head.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Negative Dragon Flag Form & Visual
Negative Dragon Flag Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis, obliques, and lower back muscles
- Improves overall body control and stability
- Increases upper body and grip strength
- Challenges the body in a unique way, leading to greater muscle adaptation and growth
- Can be modified to suit different fitness levels and abilities
Negative Dragon Flag Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
- Latissimus Dorsi