Medicine Ball Crunch
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground while holding a medicine ball. You then lift your shoulders off the ground while simultaneously lifting the medicine ball towards your knees. This exercise targets the abdominal muscles.
Medicine Ball Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a medicine ball with both hands and extend your arms straight up towards the ceiling.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your head, neck, and shoulders off the ground.
- Simultaneously, bring the medicine ball towards your knees by bending at the waist.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your head, neck, and shoulders back down to the ground.
- Extend your arms and the medicine ball back up towards the ceiling.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Medicine Ball Crunch Form & Visual
Medicine Ball Crunch Benefits
- Targets the abdominal muscles, specifically the rectus abdominis and obliques
- Improves core strength and stability
- Increases overall muscular endurance
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
- Engages multiple muscle groups, including the shoulders and chest
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
Medicine Ball Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis