Lying Around the World
This exercise involves lying on your back and lifting your legs up and over your head in a circular motion, mimicking the shape of the world. It targets the core muscles and improves flexibility in the hips and lower back.
Lying Around the World Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your arms extended out to the sides.
- Lift your legs up and bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Slowly lower your legs to one side, keeping your shoulders and arms flat on the ground.
- Hold for a few seconds, then bring your legs back up to center.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Lying Around the World Form & Visual
Lying Around the World Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Engages the glutes and hamstrings
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
Lying Around the World Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
Lying Around the World Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Around the World
- Seated Around the World
- Weighted Around the World
- Single Arm Around the World
- Partner Around the World