Landmine Squat and Press
This exercise involves holding a weight or kettlebell at chest height, squatting down onto one leg while keeping the other leg straight and lifted off the ground, and then pressing the weight overhead as you stand back up. It is a challenging full-body exercise that targets the legs, core, and shoulders.
Landmine Squat and Press Instructions
- Start by placing a barbell in a landmine attachment or in a corner of a room.
- Load the barbell with an appropriate weight for your fitness level.
- Stand facing the barbell with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grab the end of the barbell with both hands and lift it up to your chest.
- Squat down by bending your knees and pushing your hips back, keeping your chest up and your back straight.
- As you stand back up, press the barbell overhead, extending your arms fully.
- Lower the barbell back down to your chest as you squat down again.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Landmine Squat and Press Form & Visual
Landmine Squat and Press Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including legs, shoulders, and core
- Improves overall strength and power
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Improves balance and stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be incorporated into a full body workout routine
Landmine Squat and Press Muscles Worked
Landmine Squat and Press Variations & Alternatives
- Landmine Squat and Twist
- Landmine Single Leg Squat and Press
- Landmine Reverse Lunge and Press
- Landmine Deadlift and Press
- Landmine Clean and Press