Kettlebell Single Arm Swing
This exercise involves swinging a kettlebell with one arm, using a hip hinge motion to generate power and momentum. It targets the posterior chain muscles, including the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back, while also engaging the core and shoulders.
Kettlebell Single Arm Swing Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the kettlebell in one hand.
- Bend your knees slightly and hinge at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Swing the kettlebell back between your legs, keeping your arm straight.
- Drive your hips forward and swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height, using the momentum from your hips.
- Let the kettlebell swing back down between your legs and repeat for desired number of reps.
- Switch arms and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Kettlebell Single Arm Swing Form & Visual
Kettlebell Single Arm Swing Benefits
- Full body workout
- Improves strength and power
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Enhances core stability and balance
- Targets multiple muscle groups including shoulders, legs, and core
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Improves coordination and agility
- Can be done with minimal equipment
Kettlebell Single Arm Swing Muscles Worked
Kettlebell Single Arm Swing Variations & Alternatives
- kettlebell double arm swing
- kettlebell alternating arm swing
- kettlebell high pull
- kettlebell snatch
- kettlebell clean and press