Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat
Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Place your left foot behind you on a bench or step, with your toes resting on the surface.
- Lower your body down into a lunge position, bending your right knee and keeping your left leg straight.
- As you lower your body, simultaneously curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders.
- Push through your right heel to stand back up, lowering the dumbbells back down to your sides.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat on the other side.
Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat Form & Visual
Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight and depth of squat
- Engages core muscles for added abdominal strength
Dumbbell Single Leg Split Squat Muscles Worked