Cable Decline Press
Cable Decline Press Instructions
- Adjust the decline bench to the desired angle.
- Attach the cable handles to the low pulleys on either side of the bench.
- Lie down on the bench with your feet securely planted on the floor.
- Grasp the cable handles with an overhand grip and bring them up to your chest, keeping your elbows bent and close to your sides.
- Press the handles away from your chest, extending your arms fully.
- Slowly lower the handles back down to your chest, keeping your elbows bent.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Cable Decline Press Form & Visual
Cable Decline Press Benefits
- Targets the lower portion of the chest muscles
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional decline bench press
- Engages the triceps and shoulders as secondary muscles
- Provides constant tension throughout the movement, leading to greater muscle activation
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
Cable Decline Press Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis major (lower fibers)
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoid
Cable Decline Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Decline Press
- Barbell Decline Press
- Machine Decline Press
- Resistance Band Decline Press
- Single Arm Cable Decline Press