Barbell Speed Squat
Barbell Speed Squat Instructions
- Start by setting up a barbell on a squat rack at about chest height.
- Add weight plates to the barbell according to your strength and fitness level.
- Stand in front of the barbell with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step forward and position yourself under the barbell so that it rests on your upper back, just below your neck.
- Grasp the barbell with both hands, keeping your elbows pointed down and your wrists straight.
- Take a deep breath and brace your core muscles.
- Lower your body down into a squat position, keeping your back straight and your knees in line with your toes.
- As you descend, focus on maintaining a fast and explosive movement.
- Once you reach the bottom of the squat, quickly reverse the movement and drive your body back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Speed Squat Form & Visual
Barbell Speed Squat Benefits
- Improves explosive power and speed
- Increases lower body strength and muscle mass
- Targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Can be used as a warm-up exercise for heavier squats
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Barbell Speed Squat Muscles Worked