Barbell Snatch Balance
This exercise involves lifting a barbell from the ground to an overhead position while simultaneously dropping into a squat position. It requires balance, coordination, and strength in the legs, core, and upper body.
Barbell Snatch Balance Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and the barbell resting on your shoulders behind your neck.
- Take a deep breath and dip down into a quarter squat, keeping your weight on your heels.
- As you begin to rise up, explosively push the barbell up and overhead while simultaneously dropping down into a full squat.
- As you catch the barbell overhead, make sure your arms are fully extended and your elbows are locked out.
- Hold the barbell overhead for a moment before standing back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Snatch Balance Form & Visual
Barbell Snatch Balance Benefits
- Improves shoulder mobility and stability
- Increases leg and core strength
- Enhances overall balance and coordination
- Helps to improve technique and form for other Olympic lifts
- Can be used as a warm-up exercise for more complex lifts
Barbell Snatch Balance Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Barbell Snatch Balance Variations & Alternatives
- Barbell Overhead Squat
- Dumbbell Snatch Balance
- Kettlebell Snatch Balance
- Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch Balance
- Single Arm Kettlebell Snatch Balance