Barbell Seated Shrug
Barbell Seated Shrug Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench with your feet flat on the ground and your back straight.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bring the barbell up to shoulder level, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Shrug your shoulders up towards your ears, holding the barbell in place.
- Hold the shrug for a few seconds, then slowly lower your shoulders back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Barbell Seated Shrug Form & Visual
Barbell Seated Shrug Benefits
- Strengthens the trapezius muscles in the upper back and shoulders
- Improves posture and reduces the risk of neck and shoulder pain
- Increases grip strength and forearm endurance
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the trapezius muscles
- Can be performed with relatively heavy weights, making it an effective exercise for building muscle mass
Barbell Seated Shrug Muscles Worked
- Levator Scapulae
Barbell Seated Shrug Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Seated Shrug
- Smith Machine Seated Shrug
- Cable Seated Shrug
- Barbell Standing Shrug
- Dumbbell Standing Shrug
- Smith Machine Standing Shrug
- Cable Standing Shrug