Barbell Curtsey Lunge
Barbell Curtsey Lunge Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet hip-width apart and your core engaged.
- Hold a barbell with both hands, resting it on your shoulders behind your neck.
- Step your left foot diagonally behind your right foot, crossing your left leg behind your right.
- Bend both knees and lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your back straight and your chest lifted.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the lunge, then push through your right foot to return to standing.
- Repeat the movement on the other side, stepping your right foot diagonally behind your left foot.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of reps or time.
Barbell Curtsey Lunge Form & Visual
Barbell Curtsey Lunge Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases lower body strength and power
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight or depth of lunge
- Helps to prevent injury by strengthening muscles and improving range of motion
Barbell Curtsey Lunge Muscles Worked