Band Bench Press
Band Bench Press Instructions
- Start by lying flat on a bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the barbell off the rack and hold it directly above your chest with your arms fully extended.
- Slowly lower the barbell towards your chest, keeping your elbows tucked in close to your body.
- Pause for a moment when the barbell touches your chest, then push it back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- When finished, carefully rack the barbell back onto the rack.
Band Bench Press Form & Visual
Band Bench Press Benefits
- Targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bench press
- Increases muscle activation due to the resistance provided by the bands
- Helps improve stability and balance during the exercise
- Can be used as a variation to traditional bench press to prevent plateauing
Band Bench Press Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)