Resistance Band Shoulder Adduction
This exercise involves using a resistance band to perform shoulder adduction, which involves bringing the arms towards the center of the body. This can help strengthen the muscles in the shoulders and improve overall upper body strength.
Resistance Band Shoulder Adduction Instructions
- Attach the resistance band to a sturdy anchor point at shoulder height.
- Stand facing away from the anchor point with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the resistance band with both hands, palms facing inwards and arms extended in front of you.
- Slowly pull the resistance band towards your chest, keeping your arms straight and shoulder blades squeezed together.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, then slowly release back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Resistance Band Shoulder Adduction Form & Visual
Resistance Band Shoulder Adduction Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis, obliques, and transverse abdominis
- Improves stability and balance
- Targets the lower abs, which can be difficult to isolate with other exercises
- Can help alleviate lower back pain by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty based on fitness level
Resistance Band Shoulder Adduction Muscles Worked
- Rotator cuff muscles
Resistance Band Shoulder Adduction Variations & Alternatives
- Resistance band shoulder abduction
- Resistance band shoulder external rotation
- Resistance band shoulder flexion
- Resistance band shoulder horizontal abduction
- Resistance band shoulder internal rotation
- Resistance band shoulder press
- Resistance band shoulder shrug
- Resistance band shoulder stabilization
- Resistance band shoulder transverse abduction