Lying Glute Squeeze
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. You then squeeze your glutes together, lifting your hips off the ground and holding for a few seconds before lowering back down. This helps to strengthen and tone the glute muscles.
Lying Glute Squeeze Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Engage your glutes by squeezing them together.
- Hold the squeeze for 5-10 seconds.
- Release the squeeze and relax your glutes.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions.
Lying Glute Squeeze Form & Visual
Lying Glute Squeeze Benefits
- Relieves lower back pain and tension
- Stretches the hamstrings and glutes
- Improves flexibility and range of motion in the lower body
- Can help alleviate sciatica pain
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation
Lying Glute Squeeze Muscles Worked
- Gluteus maximus
- Erector spinae
Lying Glute Squeeze Variations & Alternatives