Dumbbell Straight Arm Crunch
This exercise involves lying on your back with a dumbbell in each hand, arms extended straight up towards the ceiling. From this position, you crunch up towards the ceiling while keeping your arms straight, engaging your core and upper body muscles. The exercise targets the abs, shoulders, and upper back.
Dumbbell Straight Arm Crunch Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a mat or bench with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands with your arms extended straight up towards the ceiling.
- Engage your core and slowly lift your shoulders off the ground, keeping your arms straight and the dumbbell directly above your chest.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your abs.
- Slowly lower your shoulders back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Straight Arm Crunch Form & Visual
Dumbbell Straight Arm Crunch Benefits
- Targets the rectus abdominis muscle, which is responsible for creating the “six-pack” look
- Improves core stability and balance
- Strengthens the shoulders and upper back muscles
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
- Allows for variation by adding weight or changing the angle of the arms
Dumbbell Straight Arm Crunch Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
- Latissimus Dorsi