Double Pigeon Pose
Double Pigeon Pose Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and bring your right ankle to rest on your left thigh, just above the knee.
- Flex your right foot and press your right knee down towards the floor.
- Bend your left knee and bring your left ankle to rest on top of your right ankle.
- Flex your left foot and press your left knee down towards the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor behind you for support.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then switch sides and repeat.
Double Pigeon Pose Form & Visual
Double Pigeon Pose Benefits
- Strengthens leg muscles
- Improves balance and coordination
- Increases hip mobility
- Engages core muscles
- Can be used as a warm-up or conditioning exercise
Double Pigeon Pose Muscles Worked
- Hip flexors
- Lower back
Double Pigeon Pose Variations & Alternatives
- Half pigeon pose
- King pigeon pose
- Fire log pose
- Seated pigeon pose
- Thread the needle pose