Bulgarian Split Squat With Chair
This exercise involves standing with one foot on a chair behind you and the other foot in front of you. You then lower your body down into a squat position, keeping your back straight and your front knee in line with your ankle. This exercise targets your glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Bulgarian Split Squat With Chair Instructions
- Stand with your back facing the chair and place your left foot on the seat of the chair.
- Step your right foot forward and lower your body down into a lunge position, keeping your left foot elevated on the chair.
- Make sure your right knee is directly above your ankle and your left knee is hovering just above the chair.
- Push through your right heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps on one side before switching to the other side.
Bulgarian Split Squat With Chair Form & Visual
Bulgarian Split Squat With Chair Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Increases hip mobility
- Targets the core muscles for added stability
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Allows for unilateral training to address muscle imbalances
Bulgarian Split Squat With Chair Muscles Worked