Pistol Squat to Box
Pistol Squat to Box Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, facing away from a sturdy box or bench.
- Lift your right foot off the ground and extend it forward, keeping your leg straight.
- Bend your left knee and lower your body down into a squat, keeping your right foot off the ground.
- Lower your body until your glutes touch the box or bench.
- Push through your left heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat on the other side.
Pistol Squat to Box Form & Visual
Pistol Squat to Box Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the lower body, including the quads, glutes, and hamstrings
- Increases flexibility in the hips and ankles
- Challenges the core muscles for improved overall strength
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the height of the box
Pistol Squat to Box Muscles Worked
Pistol Squat to Box Variations & Alternatives
- Pistol Squat to Bench
- Pistol Squat to Chair
- Pistol Squat to Step
- Pistol Squat to Box with Weight
- Pistol Squat to Box with Resistance Band
- Pistol Squat to Box with Medicine Ball