L-sit on Floor
This exercise involves sitting on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and lifting your body off the ground using your arms. It is a challenging core and upper body strength exercise that requires a lot of stability and control.
L-sit on Floor Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Place your hands on the floor next to your hips, fingers pointing forward.
- Press down through your hands and lift your hips off the ground.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your legs off the ground, keeping them straight and parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for as long as you can, aiming for at least 10-15 seconds.
- To release, lower your legs back down to the ground and then lower your hips back down as well.
L-sit on Floor Form & Visual
L-sit on Floor Benefits
- Improves agility and coordination
- Increases foot speed and quickness
- Enhances balance and body control
- Boosts cardiovascular endurance
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
L-sit on Floor Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Transverse abdominis
- Hip flexors
- Erector spinae
L-sit on Floor Variations & Alternatives
- L-sit on parallettes
- L-sit on rings
- Weighted L-sit
- Straddle L-sit
- Single leg L-sit