Dumbbell Zottman Curl
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and performing a bicep curl while rotating the wrists so that the palms face down at the top of the movement and then rotating them back to face up as the weights are lowered. This targets both the biceps and the forearms.
Dumbbell Zottman Curl Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up.
- Curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- At the top of the curl, rotate your wrists so that your palms are facing down.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to your starting position with your palms facing down.
- At the bottom of the curl, rotate your wrists so that your palms are facing up.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Zottman Curl Form & Visual
Dumbbell Zottman Curl Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including biceps, forearms, and brachialis
- Improves grip strength and wrist mobility
- Allows for variation in grip and weight to increase difficulty and challenge muscles
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
- Helps to prevent muscle imbalances and injury by targeting both the flexor and extensor muscles in the arm
Dumbbell Zottman Curl Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii
- Forearm supinators
- Forearm pronators
Dumbbell Zottman Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Dumbbell Zottman Curl
- Seated Dumbbell Zottman Curl
- Standing Alternating Dumbbell Zottman Curl
- Hammer Curl to Zottman Curl
- Single Arm Dumbbell Zottman Curl