Iron Cross Stretch
Iron Cross Stretch Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your arms out to the sides, perpendicular to your body.
- Slowly lift your legs up towards the ceiling, keeping them straight and together.
- Lower your legs to one side, trying to touch the floor with your feet while keeping your shoulders and arms on the ground.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in your hips and lower back.
- Bring your legs back up to the center and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat the stretch for 2-3 sets on each side.
Iron Cross Stretch Form & Visual
Iron Cross Stretch Benefits
- Improves flexibility in the shoulders and chest
- Stretches the upper back muscles
- Helps to alleviate tension and pain in the neck and shoulders
- Can improve posture by opening up the chest and shoulders
- May improve breathing by increasing lung capacity
Iron Cross Stretch Muscles Worked
- Pectoralis Major
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Rotator Cuff Muscles
Iron Cross Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Iron Cross Hold
- Iron Cross Pulses
- Iron Cross with Leg Lifts
- Iron Cross with Scissor Kicks
- Iron Cross with Bicycle Kicks