Cable Vertical Pallof Press
This exercise involves standing perpendicular to a cable machine and holding onto the handle with both hands at chest height. The arms are then extended straight out in front of the body, resisting the pull of the cable, and then brought back in towards the chest. This exercise targets the core muscles, particularly the obliques.
Cable Vertical Pallof Press Instructions
- Stand perpendicular to a cable machine with the cable at chest height.
- Grasp the handle with both hands and step away from the machine until there is tension on the cable.
- Brace your core and maintain an upright posture.
- Press the handle away from your chest, extending your arms fully.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly bring the handle back towards your chest.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and repeat.
Cable Vertical Pallof Press Form & Visual
Cable Vertical Pallof Press Benefits
- Targets the latissimus dorsi muscles, which are responsible for pulling movements and contribute to overall upper body strength
- Engages the biceps, forearms, and upper back muscles as secondary muscles
- Improves posture and spinal stability
- Increases grip strength
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Cable Vertical Pallof Press Muscles Worked
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae
Cable Vertical Pallof Press Variations & Alternatives
- cable horizontal pallof press
- cable diagonal pallof press
- cable anti-rotation hold
- cable chop
- cable lift